Youtube pair your TV using the PC instead of mobile device
How to youtube pair your TV using the computer (PC) instead of a mobile device
First of all I really do not understand why youtube does not allow controlling your TV from your PC or I may not have searched enough.
Solution: Change your PC browser's user agent string to look like your are using a mobile device browser.
How to do it:
1) Download/Install/Open Mozilla Firefox
2) Go to Firefox -> Add-ons
3) Search and install the add-on called: User agent quick switch
4) Once installed, RIGHT click on the icon on the bottom right corner that appeared in Mozilla.
You will be asked to enter a user agent string. Use this one:
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; ko-kr; LG-L160L Build/IML74K) AppleWebkit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30
or go here and choose your favourite...
5) Now, normal click on the user agent switcher icon on the right, bottom in Mozilla to activate the user agent string.
6) Go to: http://youtube.com/pair and pair your TV or whatever...